Monday, September 9, 2013

Clean

I have been busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest and have not been posting here lately as a result. I have still been doing workouts however. I recently completed the Super Spartan race at Wintergreen Resort VA. The distance was just under 9 miles, based on this guys gps maps. The elevation changes in this race were unreal. People were dropping like flies all over the place. None of the obstacle were particularly tough but the hills were brutal. My race results are here. Not bad for a beer drinking 40 something. this was my first spartan and I will be a bit better prepared next time I think. Gonna try to do all 3 distances next year. I severely underestimated the terrain on this one. The week before I ran 8.15 miles in about 68 minutes and some change and yet this 9 took me almost 4 hours. There was almost nowhere on the course where you could run because the hills were so steep. The downhills were brutal on the knees. I already signed up for another short, 5k, mud run in November and pre-registered for the same Spartan for next year.

I have been working out since then just not posting about it. Today I warmed up with a 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds:

  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 abmat sit-ups
I then did 5 sets of 5 cleans with the weights for each round being 98#, 108#, 113#, 118#, 123#. I failed on the last rep at the 123# weight. Not particularly heavy I guess but I had to find the right weight. I would start higher next time and just not go up as much but I think that 123# is real close to my 5 rep max on the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment