Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Workout and Update on Bumper Plates

I was able to get up a little later today to work out since I was going in to my daughters school for dads and donuts and coming in to work late. The warm up was 3 round:

  • 60 foot bear crawl
  • 10 air squats
  • 5 burpees
  • 10 jumping jacks
I think this is the first time I ever did bear crawls, interesting and tough. If you want to see them have a look at this video. I then moved on to the workout which was:

  • 200 meter run
  • 12 push jerks (155/105)
  • 30 walking lunges
  • 400 meter run
  • 9 push jerks (155/105)
  • 60 walking lunges
  • 800 meter run
  • 6 push jerks (155/105)
  • 90 walking lunges
I did the push jerks with something like 80#, should have done more but I did not really decide that until the end. I also am still having the issue with the bumper plates fitting the bars so that did not help, more on that later. I completed this in 16:04. The walking lunges were pretty damn brutal by the end of this one but overall it was not too bad, as I mentioned I think the weight was too low. I brought the bar in the garage and did this one outside instead of inside which helps speed up anything that involves running. If I need to run I have to go upstairs from the basement and outside to run.

I took the 2 new 10# bumper plates this morning to play it again sports to see if there were any bars there they would fit on. the 10# plates seem to have the smallest hole so I figured if I can't find a bar to fit them there is a real problem. They had 4 bars there and I was able to get one of the plates to fit one side of one of them. Neither would fit on any of the others. I sent an email to the againfaster.com customer service representative and they have put an order together with replacement plates for all those that do not fit. we shall see when they come in if they fit on my bars. At least they are trying to make it right, I thought for a while they were going to just say it is the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment