Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Workout

I woke up this morning at 0600, well actually 0620, and headed down to work out. I had no real idea what the hell I was going to do but I knew both my ankles were felling sore so I did not want to do anything involving them too much. I decided to skip the jump ropes as warm up since I think that might be part of the ankle issue. I did 100 jumping jacks to start off followed by 3 rounds:

  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 sit-ups
  • 10 PVC arm circles
I then did a little stretching and 5 rounds of:

  • 10 burpees
  • 10 sit-ups
  • 10 Turkish get ups @ 20# (5 each arm)
  • 10 hanging knee raise on dip station
You can check out the link to the video explanation of the Turkish get up for a good explanation. I was a bit off on form this morning and will probably work on that some next time. That exercise is great though and I need to include it more often. I started with a 35# kettlebell but it pretty quickly became too heavy and I didn't want to drop it on my head so I dropped the weight some. I did not time myself on this workout but worked straight through the 5 sets with no break.

No comments:

Post a Comment