Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday and back at it

I did not do a workout this weekend. I was thinking of it on Saturday morning but I had a hockey game at 3:00 on Saturday and decided it would be better to just skip that. We won. This morning I started out with 100 jump rope singles and 3 rounds:

  • 10 jumping jacks
  • 10 abmat sit-ups
  • 10 PVC arm circles
I followed that with a bit of stretching and then went into some strength work which was 5 sets of 5 on the bench. This is the first time I have done bench presses at home since getting that new bench and it worked out pretty well. Sarah got up and did this as well, gotta have a spotter when doing bench press. I did the sets with 118#, 128#, 138#, 148#, 153#. I needed a little spot on the last 2 on the last set at 153#. This was then followed up with a METCON of 21-15-9-15-21

  • Push press (95/65)
  • Weighted step ups (95/65)
I did 83# on the push press for the entire workout. For the step ups I used the bench with a pair of dumbbells and started with 80# (40#each). I dropped during the 9 rep set to 70# (35# each) and then again during the second 15 rep set to 60#. I was getting a tweak in my upper back at the top of the step up on the right side and it finally went away when I hit 60#. If I do this again I think I could do 10# more on the push press and try to stay at 80# on the step ups. I finished in 17:22. By the last round I was doing 5 at a time on the push press but a real quick 1-2 second stop, just long enough to step away from the bar. I also had to split the step ups into sets by the end too. My forearms were screaming and the grip just could not make it to 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment