Friday, June 14, 2013

Seven

Warm up this morning I did 200 jump rope singles followed by 2 rounds of:

  • 10 air squats
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 PVC arm circles
Workout was seven rounds for time:

  • 200 meter run
  • 5 hand release push-ups
  • 10 push press (95/65)
  • 15 abmat sit-ups
I loaded the bar with 93# and after the first 2 reps it was pretty clear that was not going to work for me. I dropped it down to 78# and finished the workout at that weight. I finished the first round in something like 3:30 and that included the slow down to remove a little weight. I decided I wanted to do the total workout in under 21:00 based on that so I had something to shoot for. I am finding that a useful technique, do one round and then set a goal for the total workout based on that, helps me since I have no one to compete with like at the gym.I did the push presses from the ground since I did the workout in the garage due to the run. This means there was a clean at the start of that exercise in each round. I did most of the push press unbroken. I put the bar down once in round 4 and once on the last round but that was it and both times I jumped back in quick. All others were unbroken. I ended up finishing in 21:02 so I missed my goal but not by too much, if I had not put the bar down those 2 times I would have made it. What a lazy ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment