Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Monday Helen, sort of

Yesterday I did one of the crossfit benchmark workouts. If you are not familiar, kind of like me, these are workouts that can be used to gauge progress over time. So you time yourself doing one and then at some point later do it again and the idea is you should get faster, I chose to do Helen, well sort of. As prescribed Helen is 3 rounds for time:

  • 400 meter run
  • 21 kettle-bell swings 55lbs
  • 12 pull-ups
I had to adjust a bit. My runs were really about 500 meters because the 400 meter loop is about 50 meters from my house. I also used a dumbbell instead of kettle-bell for the swings because I don't have kettle-bells. I also used a 25 lb dumbbell instead of 55 lb because this is a new exercise to me and I wanted to concentrate on the motion and get it right. Finally, in between the run and the other exercises I have to come inside and down to my basement since that is where my equipment is so that costs me a bit of time. I completed the workout in 13:36, will try again in a couple months and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment