Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Workout - Sore

My triceps are sore as shit today. I guess it is from those 100 ring push-ups yesterday. There were push-ups in the warm up today and man did they hurt. The workout was prescribed as the following for time.

  • 30 deadlifts (185/135)
  • 1 mile run or 2000 meter row
  • 10 rope ascents
  • 1 mile run or 2000 meter row
  • 100 air squats
The kicker on this was it was maybe 17 degrees out this morning. Even so I still chose the run over the row. I did the deadlifts with the prescribed weight but could not get the rope ascents. I did 3 rope ascents and my triceps were so sore I was afraid I was going to fall off at the top. I substituted the remaining 7 rope ascents with 9 pull-ups for each for a total of 63 pull-ups. I did them jumping with a slow negative as I normally do. I completed the workout in 32:12, not bad I guess especially considering we rarely run.

No comments:

Post a Comment