Saturday, October 5, 2013

Friday and Saturday

I went for a run on Friday but I was not feeling so hot (stomach was a mess) and it showed in my time. I stopped after a pretty short one, 1.74 miles, and I completed it in 13:44 for a pace of 7:53. Hopefully I can do a little better next time.

Today I did a warn up of 200 jump rope singles followed by 3 rounds:

  • 10 air squats
  • 10 PVC arm circles
  • 10 abmat sit-ups
The plan after that was to do a 9:00 EMOTM (Every Minute On The Minute):
  • 8 push-ups
  • 8 push press
I put 88# on the bar to start and began the clock. First problem was I used a different clock app and it soes not make any noise on the minute so that was a pain in the ass. I was able to get the phone close enough and at an angle so I could see it. I dropped the weight after 2 rounds to 78# and that cost me a little time. After I got to minute 4 I was no longer able to complete within the minute so it now became an AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible). I was doing the push press 2 at a time at that point with a real quick break and right back in. I ended up doing 7 full rounds and made it through the 8th round of the push-ups right as the clock ran out.

No comments:

Post a Comment