Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saturday Workout

I did not get to the gym Wed or Fri since I had hockey games both Tue and Thur nights. I went back in Saturday and they were doing a special St. Patty's Day WOD. The 11:00 version even included beer drinking, I did not participate in that one. Three rounds for time:

  • 400 meter run
  • 17 burpees (22 if not wearing green)
  • 17 kettlebell swings (53/35)
  • 50 meter sandbag carry (45/25)
  • 17 sandbag squats
  • 50 meter sandbag carry (45/25)
  • 17 tire flips
  • 17 pull-ups
  • 17 abmat sit-ups
For the drinking version each round included 3 beer chugs of 6 oz following the kettlebell swings, the second sandbag carry, and the sit-ups. I scaled a bit and did 35# on the kettlebells and was doing jumping pull-ups pretty early on. I ended up using a lighter tire than usual as that move did seem to cause some feelings in my back I was not liking. I finished in 34:16 and I don't think there is any way I could have done the beer version without puking. That is 4.5 beers and I don't normally drink that many if I go out let alone during a workout. I still took it a bit slow on this one and concentrated real hard on protecting my back. I was particularly worried about kettlebell swings but I paid close attention to form and kept my core tight throughout the move and it worked out. I have still been doing some stretching regularly and probably should be sure to keep that up. I have hockey this week Tue, Wed, and Thur so another week with not too many gym workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment