Monday, March 18, 2013

Box Jumps, YIKES!!

If you recall a couple weeks ago I hurt my back while doing box jumps. I have been dreading a workout with box jumps and this morning it arrived. We did the "filthy fifty."

  • 50 box jumps
  • 50 jumping pull-ups
  • 50 kettlebell swings (35/26)
  • 50 walking lunges
  • 50 knees to elbows
  • 50 push press (45/33)
  • 50 back extensions
  • 50 wall balls (20/16)
  • 50 burpees
  • 50 double unders
Last time I did this, November 4th, I completed it in 34:37. This time I did it in 34:36 so the time really did not change but I did not push myself as hard as I probably did he last time due to concerns of my back. I did the second half of the wall balls with a 16# ball because the 20# just got to be too much. I also did 150 single unders instead of 50 doubles as prescribed, just as last time. This time I did box step ups instead of jumps, could not bring myself to jump and probably better that I wait on that anyway. I also substituted supermans for the back extensions to avoid over extending my back at this point, still want to be careful. I started complaining about not being able to do the jumps prior to the workout and coach Brent put me in my place. He told me to do step ups, it isn't worth hurting yourself just to get an Rx next to your name on the board and he is right. It was good to hear him say that too because I am sure some coaches would not.

No comments:

Post a Comment