Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve Workout

I did day 2 of the plan I posted yesterday, sort of. I started off with a warm-up of a 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds:
  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 sit-ups
  • 10 PVC arm circles
I then did a bunch of stretching focusing on my back again as yesterday. I figured I might as well be safe and take the extra time. I then did the following workout:
  • 3x
    • 100 meter sprint
    • 8 barbell rows @ 68#
    • 8 push press @ 68#
  • 2 minute rest
  • 3x
    • 100 meter sprint
    • 8 barbell curls @ 58#
    • 8 tricep extensions @ 48#
  • 2 minute rest
  • 3x
    • 100 meter sprint
    • 8 hang cleans @ 78#
    • 8 slamballs @ 20#
I said yesterday that I had told everyone about my last race a month ago but after going back and looking at the blog it appears I had been lazier with the blog than the workouts. I was working out consistently until a month ago when my sister and I did a 10k relay together in 25 degree weather. As I mentioned I was sick for awhile and jacked my back up again but here I am going at it again. 

As you might notice I switched up the high pulls on the last set for slamballs. I am not a fan of high pulls after reading a few articles by PT's about how they measure shoulder impingement and that the move is much the same and how they would not suggest doing that move under much load. I also was not a big fan of the pairing of that with cleans. I would rather pair something that works a little different set of muscles, not sure I did real well with slamballs on that but I felt it was better than high pulls. You may also notice my weights are pretty low starting out this new workout, especially on squats yesterday. As I mentioned I am coming off a tweek in the back and a month break so I figured I will ease in a bit. Finally you might notice there was a finisher in the workout for both day 1 and day 2 that I skipped. I will work my way up to that but again I figure I will ease in. Wait until you see how much scaling I do on day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment